Monday, February 21, 2011

island poems part 5




this is a series based on the opening sequence of VotDT movie. 
enjoy!


"Swept Away" (part 1)


I stand there, nervous, it's my last hope
Or with cousin Eustace I'll have to cope
The recruiter squints his eyes and glares
Behind me there are many other stares

The man sees right through my lies
And the false name I used to disguise 
Lucy calls me by my name
I'm forced to walk away in shame

I want to scream that it's not right
In Narnia I used to fight
But in this world I'm just a boy
With a cousin that makes me annoyed



"Swept Away" (part 2)


~Edmund~

At our aunt's we're forced to stay
I wish it were not this way
Our cousin is a selfish jerk
Behind closed doors he tends to lurk

Susan sent a letter here
In it is the news we fear
We'll have to stay because of the war
Now it's Narnia we long for

~Lucy~

I look long at my reflection
And wonder if I have Susan's complexion
But Edmund doesn't hear me at all
He's staring at a picture on my wall

In the picture is a ship
And down a wave she's starting to dip
With purple mast a Dragon prow
I wish it was all real somehow

~Edmund~

I long to be away from here
Behind me a dreaded voice I hear
"There once were two orphans who wasted there time
Believing in Narnian nursery rhymes." 

"Don't you ever knock?" I say
I wish he'd just go away
I want to hit him desperately 
But Lucy quickly hinders me

Eustace insults me to my face
I move to put him in his place
I catch him trying to run away
And close the door to make him stay

~Lucy~

I stare in wonder at the picture
It no longer is a fixture
The ship is sailing on the sea
And seems to be coming straight at me



"Swept Away" (part 3)


~Edmund~

I turn around when Lucy calls
From the painting water falls
Eustace grabs the frame and pulls
But it's too late, the room's half full

~Lucy~

The frame falls but spouts more water still 
The room is now beginning to fill
There's no time to even think
We're pulled under as the room sinks

The contents of my room float all around 
In my ears is a roaring sound
Above me is a flickering light
It's a very welcome sight

I break the surface and look around
What I see makes my heart pound
The ship is bearing down on me
The golden hull is all I see

"Swim!" I yell as it comes near
I'm confused and filled with fear
Soon I am too tired to tread
The water closes over my head



"Swept Away" (part 4)


~Lucy~

Suddenly I feel hands grab me
I struggle but I can't break free
I am pulled up to the air
When I turn I can only stare

It's Caspian, the Narnian king 
The one to the throne we helped bring
"We're in Narnia!" Edmund shouts
But cousin Eustace only pouts

On the deck we greet each other
To us Caspian is like a brother
Just then Reepicheep appears
It's wonderful to have him here

~Eustace~

I've never been so lost before
I'm shaking down to my core
Behind me stands a minotaur
I promptly faint and hit the floor



"Swept Away" (part 5)


~Edmund~

The ship's crew bows to honor us
I'm a little embarrassed at the fuss
But part of me comes back alive
I'm so happy we arrived

~Lucy~

Once we've dried and changed our clothes
We enter Caspian's cabin in the bows
There's paintings of us on the wall
And Susan's horn Caspian once used to call
My cordial is also here
It's so good to have it near

~Edmund~

Peter's sword is there but I quickly look away
I tell Caspian that with him it should stay
The he surprises me with the last thing I expected 
My torch that accidentally in the castle I'd neglected 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.