these are the first of many in a series I am doing of the islands in VotDT each set of poems are each of the islands that the Dawn Treader and her crew encounter on the voyage that is shown so beautifully in the movie!
enjoy!
enjoy!
"Captured!" (part 1)
Mystery looms, all around
Except our voices, there is no sound
CLANG! CLANG! The bells ring
And the silence after leaves us wondering
We enter through the crumbled gate
For the morning we dare not wait
Inside the tower is a book
With names of people slavers took
Again the bells ring in our ears
And there is no time for tears
Slavers take us all away
And now in a prison we lay
But in the dark a sad voice speaks
He's one of the seven we seek
"Captured!" (part 2)
We are chained at the dock
For the passerby to mock
We see people pulled away
So much sadness in this day
As the slavers release the boat
And watch it sail as if to gloat
A Green Mist rises from the sea
And the people cannot flee
The Mist swallows them, boat and all
They don't even have time to call
Are we to share in the same fate?
As we're dragged away, it seems too late
We are chained at the dock
For the passerby to mock
We see people pulled away
So much sadness in this day
As the slavers release the boat
And watch it sail as if to gloat
A Green Mist rises from the sea
And the people cannot flee
The Mist swallows them, boat and all
They don't even have time to call
Are we to share in the same fate?
As we're dragged away, it seems too late
"Captured!" (part 3)
In shame we're led before the crowd
They bid and haggle their prices loud
But Drinian and his men attack
To our aid they run into the pack
A fight ensues to make us free
And soon we have the victory
Lord Bern gives us a magic sword
And then once more we climb aboard
With Narrowhaven left behind
With Aslan's help more land we'll find
Onward we sail to seek the lords
And the rest of the seven swords
In shame we're led before the crowd
They bid and haggle their prices loud
But Drinian and his men attack
To our aid they run into the pack
A fight ensues to make us free
And soon we have the victory
Lord Bern gives us a magic sword
And then once more we climb aboard
With Narrowhaven left behind
With Aslan's help more land we'll find
Onward we sail to seek the lords
And the rest of the seven swords
this is the first part of the "Duffers" series based on the Magician's Island part of VotDT movie.
enjoy!
"Duffers" (part 1)
Quietly approaching, looking for a girl
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
"This one is female,
But this one reads a tale."
Snatch her up, drag her away
Quickly, before it becomes day
She tries to fight, but she can't flee
And ourselves she cannot see
enjoy!
"Duffers" (part 1)
Quietly approaching, looking for a girl
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
"This one is female,
But this one reads a tale."
Snatch her up, drag her away
Quickly, before it becomes day
She tries to fight, but she can't flee
And ourselves she cannot see
here is the continuation of the "Duffers" series based on VotDT movie on the Magician's Island.
enjoy!
"Duffers" (part 2)
In a shock, I wake to find
Invisible ones, my hands they bind
They tell me I can't run away
Or I won't live to see the day
A Voice speaks in the morning gloom
"Do our bidding or your friends are doomed.
Go read the spell, but beware the Oppressor!
He is very.....oppressive!"
enjoy!
"Duffers" (part 2)
In a shock, I wake to find
Invisible ones, my hands they bind
They tell me I can't run away
Or I won't live to see the day
A Voice speaks in the morning gloom
"Do our bidding or your friends are doomed.
Go read the spell, but beware the Oppressor!
He is very.....oppressive!"
"Duffers" (part 3)
I wake to find marks in the sand
Footprints bigger than my hand
And worse still - Lucy is gone!
We search for her with our swords drawn
Though we think there's no one here
Voices speak and make us fear
They claim to be fierce and strong
But their secret's revealed before long
I wake to find marks in the sand
Footprints bigger than my hand
And worse still - Lucy is gone!
We search for her with our swords drawn
Though we think there's no one here
Voices speak and make us fear
They claim to be fierce and strong
But their secret's revealed before long
"Duffers" (part 4)
As I enter, my heart pounds
Except my breath, there is no sound
The book is sitting on a stand
As if my visit had been planned
Inside it there is much to see
And I forget my wish to flee
One page fills the room with snow
Another makes one's beauty glow
I want to read the latter one
And knowing well what I have done
I tear it out, hide it away
For this sin I'll dearly pay
A roar seems to come from the book
Pages flip, hiding what I took
They stop at a page that's bright and clean
The spell to make the invisible seen
When I look up, I see a man
With a book in his hand
He must have been invisible too
I'm not sure now what I should do
As I enter, my heart pounds
Except my breath, there is no sound
The book is sitting on a stand
As if my visit had been planned
Inside it there is much to see
And I forget my wish to flee
One page fills the room with snow
Another makes one's beauty glow
I want to read the latter one
And knowing well what I have done
I tear it out, hide it away
For this sin I'll dearly pay
A roar seems to come from the book
Pages flip, hiding what I took
They stop at a page that's bright and clean
The spell to make the invisible seen
When I look up, I see a man
With a book in his hand
He must have been invisible too
I'm not sure now what I should do
"Duffers" (part 5)
Suddenly, the Voices appear
And they are nothing at all to fear
Our fear for Lucy is again aroused
They tell us she is in the house
To our joy she comes at last
With the Man who's spell she cast
He tells us that he saw the lords
And tells us to find the seven swords
He lays a map upon the floor
And tells us what we should look for
A Blue Star in the sky to guide
And mighty Aslan at our side
Something soon will test us all
We must not heed temptation's call
We will not be rested
Until we have been tested
Suddenly, the Voices appear
And they are nothing at all to fear
Our fear for Lucy is again aroused
They tell us she is in the house
To our joy she comes at last
With the Man who's spell she cast
He tells us that he saw the lords
And tells us to find the seven swords
He lays a map upon the floor
And tells us what we should look for
A Blue Star in the sky to guide
And mighty Aslan at our side
Something soon will test us all
We must not heed temptation's call
We will not be rested
Until we have been tested





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.